1. How does Workman's Friend work?
a. Workman's Friend works by forming an invisible barrier on the skin which protects against irritants and stains. Cleaning up hands after your project is quick and easy as a result. The barrier skin cream also moisturizes hands.
2. What is in the product?
a. The active ingredient is Dimethicone 1%.
3. Does it have a scent?
a. Workman's Friend is unscented.
4. How much do I use?
a. Use the same amount you would use with any hand cream, ensuring that all the surfaces of your hands are covered, including under the nails.
5. How do I get it off?
a. The product will wear off in about 4 hours. It will not wash off which is great for providing extra moisture for your hands.
6. Can I avoid using gloves when using the product, with chemicals?
a. The product is not intended to replace gloves, and should be used as a secondary form of barrier protection.
7. Can I use the product as a moisturizer only?
a. Yes! Workman’s Friend is a terrific moisturizer.
8. Product safety/does it irritate sensitive skin?
a. Dermatological testing has shown the product to be safe and effective without irritation.
9. Is the product greasy?
a. Workman's Friend skin barrier cream is non-greasy and is quickly dries on skin.
10. Will it make my hands slippery?
a. Workman’s Friend Barrier Cream leaves a non-slippery, protective microbarrier across the surface of your skin. Unlike gloves, there’s no reduction in feeling, grip, or control.
11. Will it protect me from poison ivy/sumac?
a. Skin protected by Workman’s Friend Barrier Skin Cream won’t absorb poison ivy’s urushiol oil. However, poison ivy is still able to be transferred from clothing to unprotected skin. We recommend you should cover as much of your body as possible and use our Barrier Cream on any exposed skin.
1. Where can I buy Workman’s Friend?
a. Workman’s Friend is available in Lowe's, select Sherwin-Williams stores, independent paint stores, online on our website and on Amazon.
2. Can I buy Workman’s Friend online?
a. Workman’s Friend is available online on our website and on Amazon.
3. Can I get free shipping on your website?
a. Yes, if you buy two tubes of product. The 16 oz. pump will be available soon.
5. Can I purchase this in larger containers?
a. Yes, a 16 oz. pump is available.
6. Do you offer an unconditional guarantee?
7. Where is my Sample Order, I have not received it yet?
a. Due to extreme popularity, please allow 4-6 weeks for receipt of your sample size order.