The holidays are here! Time to prepare a huge meal for your family and make some great memories for years to come. No pressure, right? Well, Workman’s Friend wants to help you prepare by giving you two options for safely thawing your frozen Holiday turkey.
NOTE: THIS IS SOMETHING YOU CANNOT PUT OFF UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE!!!
Option 1: Thaw in the Refrigerator
1. Look at the weight of your turkey. Allow for one day for every four pounds of turkey.
2. Leave turkey in the wrapper and place on tray (breast side UP) inside of the refrigerator
3. Keep the refrigerator temperature at 40 degrees or lower.
4. Use turkey within 4 days after thawing.
Option 2: Thaw using cold water
1. Look at the weight of your turkey. Allow for 30 minutes for every pound of turkey.
2. Leave turkey in the wrapper and place on tray (breast side DOWN). Cover with enough water to cover turkey completely. Be sure your tray is large enough to accommodate enough water.
3. Change water every 30 minutes to keep turkey chilled.
NOTE: Do not unthaw Frozen “Ready-To-Cook” turkeys or Frozen Stuffed Turkeys. Always follow instructions provided by the manufacturer.
Healthy Advice: After touching a raw turkey, be sure to clean your hands with Workman’s Friend Hand Cleaner with Activated Charcoal for a deep clean, killing any bacteria left behind on your skin. Keep a bottle next to your kitchen sink because you will want to use Workman’s Friend Hand Cleaner with Activated Charcoal multiple times while you are cooking.
Holiday cooking is fun, but it is rough on your hands. When the cooking is all over, treat your hands to the soothing relief of Workman’s Friend Healing Hand Cream. Cleaning the dishes in hot water after a long afternoon of baking leaves your hands dry and sore. Multiple hand washings also dry out a baker’s busy hands. Apply Workman’s Friend Healing Hand Cream to your hard-working hands for a soothing relief. Your hands will thank you!
Be sure and check out all of our products from Workman’s Friend this holiday season. Our skin care products make the PERFECT stocking stuffer.