Looking to get out of the house and live a little? Do you want to get out and “get away” from everything? Grab your gear and a tube of Workman’s Friend Barrier Skin Cream as you head out for the great outdoors…
JUNE IS NATIONAL CAMPING MONTH!
Before you jump into your vehicle and head out to the perfect campground, take a second to think through your trip. Planning ahead and doing a little research ahead of time will heighten your experience. We want to offer you a few tips before you venture out into the seclusion of a peaceful break from reality.
WHERE ARE YOU GOING?
This is a great question. You may have a camp site in mind because your friend at work claims it is the ideal spot. Well, it may be the best spot for your friend, but that does not mean it is best for you. Do you want to go fishing? If so you need a quiet spot. Do you want to swim and do some water sports? If so, you want to find a camp ground offering such amenities. Do you want to just sit and read a book and experience complete seclusion? If so, you better make sure the camp site is a provide site. Some campgrounds will rent out a dozen spots, one right next to another. Do a little research ahead of time to make sure you reserve the best spot from the owner of the camping site.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Tent – If you want a real camping experience, we recommend sleeping in a tent. Some campers want to sleep somewhere with “plumbing”, so if your campsite offers you a cabin, you can skip this. If you are going to use a tent, and you are going to set it up for the first time, we recommend you test it out at home first and work out those kinks. Setting up a tent the first time is harder than you would believe.
- Mosquito Spray – This is a key item! If you are camping near a lake, you will be dealing with mosquitoes. Be sure and pack plenty of mosquito repellent.
- Sun Screen – There is nothing worse than setting a sun burn. You will be outside most of the day in the direct sun. Be sure everyone reapplies as needed.
- Food – Do not expect to catch enough fish for everyone to eat at your camp site’s fish fry. Bring food that does not require refrigeration. If you do bring food that requires refrigeration, be sure to pack a high-quality cooler.
- Pre-Charged Battery Charger – Be sure to bring a pre-charged charger or two for those cell phones. Be sure they are fully charged a day or two before leaving the house. Once you are at your campground, there will not be an electrical outlet handy!
- Workman’s Friend Barrier Skin Cream – This skin cream acts like a protective glove and will even shield you from plant oils like Poison Ivy which is everywhere in the woods. Apply this skin cream every four hours to help protect you from nasty skin irritants.
Pack a pair of binoculars so you do not miss the precious wildlife soaring overhead. You will be surprised at the breeds of birds you will witness when you are out away from the city. Secluded areas offer safety to a variety of birds who shy away from the open public.
Be sure to take plenty of pictures. You will want to remember your experience for years to come. Most importantly, make memories for you and your family. There is nothing more rewarding than reflecting on past vacations with your grown-up kids and sharing those memories and photos a decade or more later.
DO YOU HAVE OVER-WASHED HANDS?
Are your hands dry from frequent hand washing? Soaps dry out your skin, leaving them craving moisture. What if there was a way to protect your skin and keep it moisturized even during frequent hand washings? Well, you can! Coat your hands with Workman’s Friend Barrier Skin Cream to form a protective layer around your skin and re-apply every four hours. The barrier protection will moisturize your hands from beneath the protective layer. The barrier protection will shield you hand from harmful chemicals, dirt and grime. The barrier protection binds to your live skins cells and will only be removed when your skin cells die and shed every four hours. In the meantime, your skin is moisturizing from the inside and healing your dry and cracked skin. Workman’s Friend Barrier Skin Cream is the perfect combatant for over-washed hands. PURCHASE HERE.
Another option for over washed hands is Workman’s Friend Healing Hand Cream. Add this hand cream to your daily regimen for healthy, stored hands. An application in the morning and again before bedtime will help your skin survive those frequent hand washings unscathed. Workman’s Friend Healing Hand Cream will moisturize and heal your dry, cracked, and damaged skin. When used over time, your skin will return to its once healthy appearance. PURCHASE HERE.
Sometimes you just need a hand cleaner that revitalizes your skin. Try Workman’s Friend Hand Cleaner with Activated Charcoal to get a deep clean and feel fresh afterwards. The activated charcoal cleans deep into your skin, detoxing away the bad elements that hard-working hands pick up on an active day. Unlike other hand cleaners, Workman’s Friend Hand Cleaner with Activated Charcoal hydrates your skin as it cleans, leaving them feeling alive and fresh while other hand cleaners leave your hands feeling dry. PURCHASE HERE.